The community and church grew slowly until the end of the Second World War. With the influx of veterans and others at war’s end (especially in the Roblin Park area), the church building began to seem inadequate. In 1948, an addition, equal in size to the church itself, was added at the rear. When even the addition became too crowded, a branch Sunday school was opened at the old Varsity View community Hall on Roblin Boulevard. Both Charleswood and Sturgeon Creek were growing too quickly to share the services of one minister.