Charleswood was part of a three-point charge with Headingley, and Sturgeon Creek. The Rev. W. L. T. Patteson became the first minister of the new charge. The district was still sparsely settled at this time and transportation was difficult. Although 75 names appeared on the roll, attendance averaged about a dozen. There was a small choir and an active women’s group. In 1933 the Sunday school registered 62 children and received an annual offering of $33.98. Sunday School remained open in the summer months because travel was easier. People made their way to church by foot, horseback, bicycle or street car. The services were timed with the bus schedule which came each hour.