We try to meet the needs of all individuals by offering the following:
- The ability to provide an American Sign Language interpreter for a specific service, if the request is made through the office with adequate time to make the arrangements. Contact us via email or phone number at the bottom of this page.
- Large print hymn books.
- Large print bulletins, if office is given sufficient notice of this need.
- A well-equipped Nursery for infants and children under the age of 3.
- A Crying Room where parents can take their babes in arms for a quiet time and remain able to listen to the Worship service.
- The building, as well as the sanctuary, is fully accessible. An elevator is available for events and activities taking place in the lower level.
- There is ample parking available and we have an agreement with École Dieppe across Dieppe Road, allowing us to use their parking lot for overflow.
- Activities for kids in our Cool School program.
- SUNDAY SERVICES – September to First Sunday in June – 9:00 a.m. & 11:00 a.m.
Second Sunday in June to September long weekend – 10:00 a.m. For specific dates, please visit our calendar.
Click on the box to reveal more information about any event.
For many women, the gifts of Advent, hope, peace, joy and love, are so often lost between the shopping, the baking, the decorating and the general preparation for Christmas. Over 15 years ago, the members of TGIF, Together Growing in Faith a weekly women’s study group, began to host a service just for women to meet this need. Each year a new theme is chosen and a worship service is led by the many female volunteers of this congregation. For instance, one year the theme was entitled “Following a brighter Light than the light of our own candle… “, and the service was held on the first Monday evening after the First Sunday of Advent. 90 women were present and a collection of $370 was given to “Alpha House “, a shelter for abused women and their children. The glow of candle light and the blessing of the harp, played by Linda Kane, and the piano, played by Doreen Satterthwaite, provided us with time for reflection on the message of Christmas. With hymn, scripture, prayer and the fun of an Advent Choir, we were delightfully led to a time of togetherness over coffee and baking in the Narthex. The warmth of this community then wrapped us round, sending us home fortified in spirit; carrying God’s gifts of grace. Refer to our calendar for this year’s Advent Service date and details or contact our office.
This is a memorial service held in January of each year to remember family and friends who have passed away. Throughout the season of Advent, members are invited to make a contribution to purchase a “light” to light up our sanctuary for Christmas. The contributions are directed to grief support agencies such as Compassionate Friends, Grace Hospital Bereavement Support Program, Hospice & Palliative Care Manitoba and the St. Boniface Hospital Grief Support Program for Children and Teens. More.… For current date check our calendar.
We gather at 11:00 a.m. on this day at the foot of the cross. The Sr. Choir under the direction of Shauna Sperry provides musical inspiration.
On Easter Sunday, we have our two regular services at 9:00 am and 11:00 am. to celebrate the life, death and resurrection of our Lord, Jesus Christ.
Four times a year, Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, Thanksgiving Sunday and the last Sunday of the year, there is an opportunity to celebrate the Sacrament of Holy Baptism. This rite is available for infants and adults. Please contact the church office for the next available date.
Enquirer’s classes are for anyone who would like to know more about the United Church, those who are considering joining the United Church and those who might like a refresher. We will explore various aspects of faith, such as where the United Church of Canada originates, our involvement in ministry outside the doors of this church, our relationships with other faiths, and how the Bible informs our faith. All are welcome. For more information about the course and to register for an upcoming session, please contact the church office.
BE SURE AND CHECK OUR CALENDAR FOR CONFIRMATION OF TIMES.
Celebrate with us the birth of Christ at one of our Christmas Eve services.
|5:00 p.m.:||Service for younger children and parents|
|7:00 p.m.:||Christmas Pageant|
|9:00 p.m.:||Candle Light Communion – Youth|
|11:00 p.m.:||Candlelight service and celebration of communion-Sr. Choir|