We try to meet the needs of all individuals by offering the following:
- The ability to provide an American Sign Language interpreter for a specific service, if the request is made through the office giving us adequate time to make the arrangements. Contact us via our email or phone number at the bottom of this page.
- Large print hymn books available on request.
- Large print bulletins if office is given notice of this need.
- A well-equipped Nursery for infants and children under the age of 3.
- A Crying Room where parents can take their babes in arms for some quiet time and still be able to listen to the Worship service.
- The Church, including the sanctuary, is fully accessible. An elevator is available for special events and activities which may be taking place in the lower level.
- There is ample parking available and we have an agreement with Ecole Dieppe across Dieppe Road, allowing us to use their parking lot for overflow.
- Activities for kids in our Cool School program.
- SUNDAY SERVICES – September to First Sunday in June – 9:00 a.m. & 11:00 a.m.
Second Sunday in June to September long weekend – 10:00 a.m. For specific dates, please visit our calendar.
Click on the box to reveal more information about any event.
For many women, the gifts of Advent, hope, peace, joy and love, are so often lost between the shopping, the baking, the decorating and the general prep for Christmas. Well over 10 years ago the members of TGIF began to “host” a service just for women, to meet this need. Each year a new theme is chosen and then shared by many female volunteers from the Charleswood congregation. For instance, one year we had a theme entitled ” Following a brighter Light than the light of our own candle… “, and the service was held, as always, near the beginning of December, in the first weeks of Advent. 90 women were present., and a collection of $ 370 was given to “Alpha House “, a shelter for abused women and their children. The glow of candle light and the blessing of the harp, played by Linda Kane, and the piano, played by Doreen Satterthwaite, provided us with time for reflection on the message of Christmas. With hymn, scripture, prayer and the fun of an Advent Choir, we were delightfully led to a time of togetherness over coffee and baking in the Narthex. The warmth of this community then wrapped us round, sending us home fortified in spirit; carrying God’s gifts of grace. Refer to our calendar for this year’s Advent Service date and details or contact our office.
This is a memorial service held in January of each year to remember family and friends who have passed away. Prior to Christmas, members are invited to make a contribution to purchase a “light” to light up our sanctuary for Christmas. The contributions are directed to grief support agencies such as Compassionate Friends, Grace Hospital Bereavement Support Program, Hospice & Palliative Care Manitoba and the St. Boniface Hospital Grief Support Program for Children and Teens. More.… For current date check our calendar.
We usually meet at 11:00 a.m. – a day to gather at the foot of the cross. The Sr. Choir under the direction of Shauna Sperry provides musical inspiration.
On Easter Sunday we have our two regular services at 9:00 am and 11:00 am.
Four or five times a year, there is an opportunity to gather with one of the ministers and with other parents bringing their children for baptism. Contact us for the next available date.
Enquirer’s classes are for anyone who would like to know more about the United Church, those who are considering joining the United Church and those who might like a refresher. We will explore where the United Church of Canada comes from, look at our involvement in ministry outside the doors of this church, explore our relationships with other faiths, and talk about how the Bible informs our faith. All are welcome, for more information about dates or to register please contact us.
BE SURE AND CHECK OUR CALENDAR FOR CONFIRMATION OF TIMES.
Celebrate with us the birth of Christ at one of our Christmas Eve services.
|5:00 p.m.:||Service for younger children and parents|
|7:00 p.m.:||Christmas Pageant|
|9:00 p.m.:||Candle Light Communion – Youth|
|11:00 p.m.:||Candlelight service and celebration of communion-Sr. Choir|